Saturday, February 6, 2010

A New Three Column Template for the Profile Directory


Well, I finally switched from a two column template to a three column template. I like this much better. The profile directory didn't leave much room for anything else in just the one sidebar. Now I have an extra sidebar to fill up. I'll probably add some more links to blogging sites and resources.


I would have done this a long time ago, but I've done this before and had trouble with losing my sidebar widgets. It would have taken many hours to redo all my sidebar information. Now Blogger lets you save your widgets so they aren't automatically deleted when you change templates.


If you would like to install a three column template on your Blogger blog, it isn't very difficult. There are many sites that offer free three column templates. I got mine here. They are based on the basic two column Blogger templates that are offered when you sign up for an account. Other more exotic templates are available elsewhere.


Installing it was very easy. I went to the layout section from the Blogger dashboard and clicked on Edit HTML. It's important to download the existing template as a backup in case something goes wrong or you change you mind. I then uploaded the new template and indicated that I wanted to save the widgets. I then previewed the template and clicked save template. It only took me a few minutes.

0 comments: