Monday, January 8, 2007

Movie Trivia from the Directory


If you haven't tried profile page browsing yet, I encourage you to give it a try. It's quite a different experience than browsing blogs. It sometimes seems that profile pages can provide a more personal and immediate glimpse into a blogger's mind than their blog can. If you want to learn more, their blog or blogs are only a click away.


A lot of bloggers list their favorite movies. One movie that I keep seeing in the lists is "A Knight's Tale". This surprised me. I haven't seen the movie, but I remember that it got some pretty poor reviews. I may have to see it. It's funny how a movie can be judged harshly by the critics, but still find a place in the hearts of a lot of fans. I saw some previews and I seem to recall that the music wasn't authentic for the time period. I write an early music blog, so I tend to pick up on subtleties like that.


Another blogger listed "The Deer Hunter" and "Bambi" in the same list as a joke, but I can't remember who. If you find it, maybe you can leave a comment.


I list these example to demonstrate how entertaining and educational profile pages can be. I feel like an archaeologist who is sifting through the foundations of modern culture. I'm looking for insights and discoveries that I can't find any where else.


If you come across anything that is interesting or unusual, please feel free to leave a comment about it.

9 comments:

Nothing said...

hi! i've linked to you!

cou;d you change my name from Bizzarre to Bizarre? (i.e. remove one 'z')

thanks!

Daniel Thompson said...

Sure, sorry about that. Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for the link!

Lori said...

I didn't know you could Profile blog. I was just sitting here browsing blogs and came across yours.

Lori

Barb said...

A Knight's Tale is a great movie.. if you like that sort of thing :)

Barb said...

P.S.

Gave you free advertising just now.

DirkStar said...

Hello and please feel free to add me to your profile directory.

This is a very good idea.

http://beta.blogger.com/profile/01798032040590840735

Claire said...

Hi thanks for the link!
I have seen 'a Knights Tale' its awful, but heath ledger is nice to look at.
I have seen that deer hunter/bambi profile too, but cant remember whose it was. An army fella i think?
Cheers
Claire

Michelle said...

How do I join?

Uncle Artemus said...

Hi and yes of course, I'd love to be listed in the directory. Thanks much!