Friday, January 5, 2007

Some Notable Firsts for the Directory


First blogger name to begin with the first letter, Awesomelyplain
First blogger name to begin with the last letter, Zardoz Bachman
First blogger named after a candy, Skittles
First blogger named after a legume, Peanut
First blogger named after a preserved fish product, Pickled Eel
First royal blogger, Empress Bee (of the High See)
First doctor blogger, Dr. Blogstein
First botanist blogger, David Schmoller
First teddy bear blogger, Klu
First beverage listed, Bud Weiser
First nonblogger blogger, Karen Shanley
First foreign language blogger, Muum
First blogger name with a fancy mark above the "e", Billé Reda (What is that little mark called?)


Please leave comments about any profiles that you would like to see recognised, even if it's your own. I love comments.


Note: Due to the unexpected positive response to this first list of firsts, I have begun compiling a second list of firsts. Some of you have made suggestions and most, if not all, of these will be included. Who knows? Maybe some day I will publish a first list of seconds.

Note on the note: I'm a rather busy person. I have two jobs and six blogs. I'm also trying my hand at microtonal composition and preparing some music for release. I plan on frequently recognising bloggers and content, but have to acknowledge that these mentions will always be largely the result of somewhat random processes, and will likely exhibit my personal biases. Please don't be affended if you have an excellent profile or content that isn't mentioned. I have plans for the future that will also allow others to recognise bloggers and content from the directory.

16 comments:

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

May I "pretty please" be your first Canadian Blogger? Just linked to you!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well i just love it when i'm first!!!

peanut butter said...

in french, I think the accent over the e is called accent aigu.

-Peanut

Pickledeel said...

Hi Daniel - thanks for fixing the link. No need to apologise either. Turns out Blogspot has a bug that will do that - randomly throws details of one blog you have registered across to others that you have. Bit of a pain and easy to miss. Glad you like the Pickled Eel name - there is a story in that and it involves a massive hangover!! And yes there were eels in the bottom of the jar - along with a other unknown beasties.

Queenie said...

You do not have any Q's.

Q

AtriaBooks said...

I believe its called "a fancy mark above the e"

Cinnamon Girl said...

Great site and I love the idea. Please link me if ya find my profile worthy ;)

notfearingchange said...

Darn Beautiful BC beat me to it! lol.

Can i be your first negative blog name? hmm...wait a sec....

NFC

Linda said...

Can I be your first "911 Dispatcher" blog? Please? Please? Pretty please?

http://mouseski.blogspot.com

Jeannetto said...

who the what now? I'm a sketchblogger. And a damn good one.

Steve said...

Thanks for adding me!
random factory

ugyen said...

How about 1st Bhutanese Blogger!!!
cheers
ugyen

Lexa Roséan said...

That fancy mark in Billé is called an accent ague. I have one in my name too.

Lexa Roséan

perhaps I am the first blogger with accent ague in the last name? :)

skeet said...

Mmmmmmmm! Perhaps the first blogger whose innocent name became a dirty word?

http://skeetsclutteredlife.blogspot.com/2006/12/skeet-is-not-dirty-word.html

Nice place you got here. I followed Dirk over.

Martie said...

Hey, I can be the first blogger whose blog began with the letter "I"

Anonymous said...

How about first pregnant blogger? :)

5 months here. :)